If you are experiencing slow speeds, usually it can be easily fixed. We have complied a few suggestions for you to try below which may help get your speed...well back up to speed.
- "Reboot" or “Power cycle” your ADSL modem. This means turning off your modem and waiting for at least 60 seconds before turning it back on again.
- Try connecting your modem directly to your phone wall socket without using any filter/splitter, and disconnect all other devices (e.g. telephone, fax, etc) from your phone line. Note that you may have more than one phone wall socket in your home.
- Ensure your modem/router is not near other electronic equipment (e.g. speakers, TV, external hard drive, etc) as these devices can cause electromagnetic interference.
- Often slow speeds are caused by data heavy applications, processes or programs running on your computer. Try:
- Making sure that the anti-virus or security software on your computer is up to date
- Run a full anti-virus scan on your computer. Computer virus and other malicious software you may have downloaded unknowingly can cause browsing issues.
- Disabling your anti-virus and firewall software temporarily, if nothing else has worked. Some anti-virus and firewall software can cause your Internet connection abnormally.
- MyNetFone is not responsible for third party software, so you will likely need to contact the software vendor if you require assistance with the external software.
Here's some tricks to determine what’s causing the speed problem:
- If your computer is connected to your modem through a standalone router, try connecting your computer directly to your modem by removing the router. If the ADSL2+ speed is then fixed you can infer that is it an issue with the router.
- If you have a spare ADSL2+ compatible modem handy, try to configure it with your MyNetFone settings and use it to connect your computer to the Internet to see if you have better performance with another modem.
- If you are connecting your computer via a wireless network, try to connect your computer directly to your modem using an Ethernet cable. If your speed improves, this could indicate a problem with your wireless modem.
If you are still experiencing slow speeds, please call our Technical Support team on 1300 731 048