Attended Transfer – you call the person to whom you are transferring the call, at which point you can either:
- Transfer the call while the phone is ringing, or
- Wait for the person to answer, talk to them, then transfer the call.
Warm Transfer – you call the person to whom you are transferring the call and join all 3 parties together (the caller, the transfer receiver and you), then you disconnect your phone from the call to allow the other 2 parties to continue their call.
Blind Transfer – you transfer the call without speaking to the person to whom you are transferring the call.
To perform a transfer during an active call, firstly press the Transfer key to put the call on hold. Then dial the number of the third party and perform an attended or blind transfer.
Attended transfer: Wait for the third party to answer the phone. When you want to complete the transfer, either hang up or press Transfer again.
Blind transfer: Hang up or press Transfer for a second time before the third party answers.
1. While on an active call, press the ‘xfer’ Soft Key. The call is placed on hold, a new Line is opened and you will hear a dial-tone.
2. Either dial the number using the keypad, or select the number from the Directory (using the ‘dir’ Soft Key). If you misdial, you may press the ‘delChr’ or the ‘clear’ Soft Key to correct the mistake.
3. Press the ‘dial’ Soft Key.
4. At this point, you can press the ‘xfer’ Soft Key while the phone is ringing in order to transfer the call immediately, or you can wait until the call has been answered by the 3rd party and/or talk to them before you press the ‘xfer’ Soft Key.
1. While on an active call, press the ‘conf’ Soft Key. The call is placed on hold, a new Line is opened and you will hear a dial-tone.
2. Either dial the number using the keypad, or select the number from the Directory (using the ‘dir’ Soft Key). If you misdial, you may press the 'delChr' or the 'clear' Soft Key to correct the mistake.
3. Press the ‘dial’ Soft Key.
4. Wait until the call has been answered by the 3rd party, then press the ‘conf’ Soft Key – all 3 parties will be connected into one call.
5. When you want to disconnect yourself from the call, press the ‘join’ Soft Key.
1. While on an active call, press the right direction on the Navigation Button, then press the ‘bxfer’ Soft Key. A new Line is opened and you will hear a dial-tone.
2. Dial the number using the Keypad and then press the ‘dial’ Soft Key.
3. The call is now transferred and you can hang up the phone.
Internal transfer between Gigaset handsets
1. Press the INT button on the phone. It is the LEFT button on the 4 way navigational button in the middle of the handset.
2. After you press the INT button, the phone screen will list all the handset (INT 2) that is registered to the base.
3. Select the INT 2 handset. This would ring that particular handset, announce the call and then just hang up. This would transfer that call to the extension of your choosing.
4. For Blind transfer, simply press the INT option on the 4 way navigational button. It would list the INT 2 handset that is registered with the same base. Select that option and it would call that handset and then simply hang up. This would transfer the call and the A party would hear the phone ringing on the other end.
Once the call is received on a Siemens Handset, there is an option on the phone screen which would come up which says Ext. Call.
Press that option, which would put the A party on hold and then you can dial the external or extension number that you would like to transfer to, then press the Dial button (which is the green button on the phone)
This would dial the extension or the external number, then on the phone screen you will see the OPTIONS button, once you press the corresponding key on the phone – there is an option of CALL TRANSFER –Once that option is selected it will transfer the call to that extension.
When on a call press the transfer button, you will then get a text box to enter in the number you wish to transfer to. You can then choose between two transfer options. Blind or Attended.
For a blind transfer, simply dial the number you wish to transfer to then click Transfer Now.
For an attended transfer, enter in the number you wish to transfer to, click the down arrow next to ‘Transfer Now’ and select Call First.