Speed Dials can be used to quickly dial frequently used numbers.
The Cisco IP Phones have 8 configurable Speed Dial entries which correspond to the numbers on the Keypad (from 2 to 8).
Setting up a Speed Dial
- Press the Menu button. Use the Navigation button to select ‘Speed Dial’ and then press the ‘select’ Soft Key.
- Use the Navigation button to select the Speed Dial entry that you wish to set up and then press the ‘edit’ Soft Key.
- Enter the destination number using the keypad. You may have to press a key several times to input the correct number.
- After the number is entered, press the ‘ok’ Soft Key. For Cisco SPA525G, use the Navigation button to highlight different fields, then use the Keypad to enter text or numbers. You may have to press a key several times to input the correct letter/number. When finished, press the ‘Save’ Soft Key.
- Press the Menu button to return to the main screen.
Using a Speed Dial
Press the number corresponding to the Speed Dial entry that you wish to call, and press the ‘dial’ Soft Key.
Example: If you have configured Speed Dial entry #2 with the number ‘0280088000’, then you only need to press ‘2’ on the keypad, and ‘0280088000’ will automatically be dialled.