To check what your phone line quality sounds like to other callers, you can use the call test service numbers. These allow you to test if your audio setup is working correctly.
The call test service is easy to use:
- Dial one of the call test service numbers below
- A voice recording will prompt you to record an eight second audio sample - simply say a few words into the phone, and they will be recoded as a sample
- Afterwards the service will play it back to you, so you can hear the sound quality.
- If you cannot hear the recording, it means there may be an issue with your device or network. If you can hear the audio but it’s choppy/delay/muffled, try isolating your network by disconnecting all PC’s leaving one phone connected then re-test.
- Afterwards, if this fixes the issue then it may be related to an over saturation of your data link causing degraded call quality. In this case you may want to configure QoS (Quality of Service) on your Modem/Router/Firewall this will ensure your voice service gets priority over any other traffic. Please contact our support teams to get further details on this.
If you can hear the recording, it means that your audio setup is working correctly. If you cannot hear any audio, that means there is an issue with your service setup - please contact the Residential Support Team or Business Support Team to troubleshoot the issue.
Get a dedicated data service for IP communications
For Business customers if saturation of the link is an issue, you may also want to look into signing up to our “Voice Access Data Plan” which provides a dedicated internet connection setup with QoS just for the phones. For more information, call our Business Sales team on 1300 733 995.
Call Test Service Numbers
||+61 2 8014 5021
||+61 3 8376 6721
||+61 7 3077 7521
||+61 8 7111 3221
||+61 8 6102 7331
||+61 3 6165 0161
||+61 1300 071 325